The Space Management Office on the University Of Wisconsin- Madison Campus has been installing and upgrading Instructional Technology in General Assignment classrooms since the early 1990's. As the amount and level of technology continued to grow, it became apparent that a dedicated support staff would be necessary. The UW-Madison campus was divided into six distinct technology zones,with a Classroom Media Support Specialist to be located in each of the zones.
The first Classroom Media Support Specialist was hired in April of 1998, with much fanfare and rejoicing. In December of 1998, the North Zone Classroom Media Support Specialist was hired. In April 2003 the 3rd Media Support Specialist was hired. In July 2012, a 4th Media Specialist was hired, creating the staffing levels that exist today. In 2012 we created the AV Help Desk to act as the central point of communications for all campus GA classrooms.
Our goal is to meet the needs of instructors in general assignment classrooms by installing and maintaining AV systems in these classrooms. We'll continue to install new AV systems until demand is met, or every GA classroom has an AV system. We will add more staff as needed.
The Classroom Media Support Team
Matt Alexander - 364 Van Hise
Derek Dombrowski - 373A Bascom Hall
Tom Wise - 30 N. Mills St.
Patrick Wodzinski - 109A Psychology
Michael Wood - 5227 Humanites
AV Help Desk
What We Do
The Mission of Classroom Media Support is to create and manage presentation technology for innovative instructional spaces that enhance the teaching mission of the UW-Madison campus. This includes (but is not limited to):
- Organize and conduct Training Sessions prior to each semester to educate the Instructor on proper use of Instructional Technology in specific rooms.
- Provide prompt and accurate emergency service to Instructors who need assistance in General Assignment classrooms.
- Provide general day-to-day assistance to Instructors using the classrooms.
- Provide one-on-one training and review for Instructors and users who request it.
- Coordinate and perform routine maintenance and upgrades to Instructional Technology rooms.
What We Do Not Do
- Classrooms on campus are divided into General Assignment or departmental classrooms. Classroom Media Support does not maintain or support departmental classrooms. Please refer to the Classroom Attributes tab at the top of this page for a complete list of General Assignment classrooms that we support.
- We do not have any equipment for rental or checkout, nor can we operate the equipment for you on a daily basis.
- We do not provide support for your computer. We will help you get your computer connected to the system, but we can not provide support for your computer.
- We do not provide support for any equipment other than the Instructional Technology that we installed in the rooms. This can include, but is not limited to, computer hardware, department installed computers, overhead projectors, etc.
- We have no part in the room scheduling process. The information provided in these pages is offered as a guide and resource to assist you in room scheduling. Please contact Office of Registrar, Curricular Services to schedule general assignment classrooms.