Using this option will create a live stream (as described below) as well as saving a copy to your Kaltura Mediaspace account.
Streaming Lecture Capture Video
You can choose to stream your lecture live! That means that anyone with an Internet connection can watch your lecture live. This feature can be used for overflow viewing, remote class attendance, and class attendance during unusual circumstances.
Some important notes about streaming:
- Streaming occurs only when you select the streaming options from the previous page.
- Streaming occurs only when you begin recording. Streaming will stop when you stop recording.
- A green button labeled Streaming will appear on the touch panel when streaming is occurring. If you do not see that button, streaming is not occurring.
- The location of the stream will be indicated on the touch panel. It will be something like http://go.wisc.edu/a1b2c3. You can also contact us for the streaming address.
- To view the stream, viewers would go to the stream address using a web browser.
- No authentication is required to view the live stream, which means that any person, anywhere in the world who knows the classroom stream address could watch your stream. If this is not OK with you, then the Lecture Capture streaming option is not for you!
Kaltura Mediaspace storage
Selecting this option will upload your completed video to your Kaltura MediaSpace account. Kaltura is a YouTube-like cloud-based video storage system. Everyone who has a UW NetID has a Kaltura account. Please visit https://mediaspace.wisc.edu/ for more information about Kaltura, or log into your Kaltura account here https://mediaspace.wisc.edu/my-media.